Wednesday, November 20, 2013

#19) Just One More Time

I really thought I would be able to get in a few more spins before the elements would make it too difficult and uncomfortable to ride, but as is typical in Chicago, the seasons have changed rather abruptly. These rapid changes are especially true with the spring/summer & the fall/winter transition. Winters are cold and too long while summers are too hot and not long enough. But your picture perfect spring and fall days are few and far between. There never seems to be a gradual progression as the seasons change. If you're lucky there will one week of your stereotypical spring or fall days. This fall we didn't even get that. The week when the fall foliage was peaking the skies were clouded over so I wasn't able to take the pictures that I had hoped to.
During my rides this summer I had scouted out some great locations for fall pictures at both the arboretum and the forest preserve but the sun never seemed to cooperate.
I am still hoping to get out for a ride but it is difficult with shorter daylight hours and falling temperatures.
So once again I am back to the gym routine.

I will try to alternate between strength training and aerobics, doing weights 3 days a week and ride the bike for 2 days, and switch it up the next week doing 3 cardio and 2 strength. And this off-season I have a better idea of which muscle groups need extra work.

But I really want to get out
 Just One More Time
by The Derailers

No comments:

Post a Comment